Sunday Photo

I know - I know, another photo blog - another girl with a camera and a dream. It's fine, you can judge me but I already feel silly, so you can also skip it if you want...

The thing is, I've loved photography for a really really long time and I can't shake it. I love pictures, I love going to art shows featuring it, I love photo essays and projects that I find on the Internet. I love it all.

And I also love blogs - which is why this is here now.

I've always thought that it would be cool to make a little career out of taking photos - but I've always been busy working and then going to grad school and then working again. But now that my husband, Mark, has found a job in this new country that we're in (Switzerland) - I am jobless for the time being and have a lot of time on my hands and a lot of new things to take pictures of. 

And now I have a new camera.
Which is scary.
Because Mark knows that I love this whole thing and he knows that I would like to be a photographer, so he brought home my biggest wish, a Nikon D90.
It's great, you say! It is...but now it's real. I have the tools, the time and now I just need to cultivate the know how and the plan. Which is all very intimidating because I know next to nothing about this camera. Sure I have played with settings in my little Digital Elph but this camera has like 18 buttons and they each stand for maybe a million different things so if you do the math that's a lot to learn.

So anyway, now this blog is here and I'm excited because it's going to be my "notebook" of things I learn and also a recording of wherever it is this camera will take me. (plus anything else photo related that I think is cool)

Enjoy! And as always, if you have any input or tips along the way, feel free to share!

2 comments:

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

This is soooo great! I feel exactly the same way! :) I bought a Nikon D3000 about a month ago and I m obsessed with photography ever since! Thinking about starting a serious 2 year course in September to become a real photographer... :) Good luck to you, can't wait to see your pics!
XXX

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Chuzai Living said...

What a great blog filled with your passion and how quickly your blog has blossomed. I was amazed. I flipped through your photos all the way down here. I love photography although I do not have a fancy camera (yet, hopefully soon...). I didn't comment in other posts, but I have seen all of them and you have some gorgeous photos!